The other day I was looking at my bananas and, knowing I wasn’t going to eat all of them before they went, so I thought what shall I do with them? I looked up different recipes and decided I want to make some vegan chocolate banana bread. For most of my recipes and inspirations I go to Pinterest and that’s where a found this recipe. It’s truly one of those quick and easy recipes that anyone can do.
What you’ll need:
- 4 ripe bananas (I use organic)
- 1 and 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, or organic brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons of either vegan dark chocolate chips, walnut pieces or fruit (here’s where you can pick and choose what you want to add to it!)
- loaf pan
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease your loaf pans (I used coconut oil spray), then cut up or crush your walnut, fruit or anything you want to put in your banana bread
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt
- In another bowl you’re gonna mash the bananas and make sure you don’t have big chunks
- Add the sugar and oil to the bananas and mix until evenly combined
- Once the sugar and oil are combined, slowly add the dry ingredients and fold them together
- Then pour in your chocolate chips, walnuts, or fruit you choose
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan
- Bake at 350°F for 25-35 (is what is recommended) but I baked mine for 30 minutes and it turned out great
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this and let me know of any of your favorite vegan baking recipes!